The 3Ps of GDPR that you must get right before May 2018
Circdata’s Hellen Beveridge hosted a recent webinar in association with InPublishing to enlighten listeners on the 3Ps of GDPR they must get right before it comes into force in May 2018. So, do you know what the 3Ps are? If not, read on!
- Personal Data
The webinar went into detail on each of the Ps and how publishers must now understand new concepts such as Privacy by Design and Basis for Processing, which are key to navigating towards compliance with the Regulation.
The webinar covered:
- What are the ‘Legal Basis for Processing’ and how does this apply to existing data?
- Why understanding the different ways in which you use your data is of vital importance
- When you need to re-permission and when you don’t
- Why all data isn’t created equal and how to ensure that you don’t inadvertently get on the wrong side of the legislation
- How to collect data in a compliant manner.
So, if you are finding yourselves tied in knots as you attempt to unravel the complexities surrounding consent and permission based marketing, this is one to watch (well… listen to!!).